Friday 26 February 2016

Mystery Skype with the Family

I've know about Mystery Skype for some time and it's been one of those things I've wanted to do and not got round to (until now). I'd contacted other teachers, via Twitter, and tried to arrange times, but often - for various reasons - it didn't work out.

 Image credit: http://twitter.com/Skype

A Friday recently, I was in school and I knew that before lunch we would have about half an hour of spare time. So, I got my phone out and via the wonders of Whatsapp, contacted my sister (in Sydney). One hour later, we were Mystery Skyping my sister, sat in her apartment in Australia trying to guess where in the world she was. We asked questions. She replied either 'yes' or 'no' and eventually we worked out her location. She then showed us the clock in her room, the harbour, the lit up bridge and the dark outside, lots of dark - oh and a thermometer for temperature comparison. A fantastic half an hour that captivated my class. I intend to carry out my Skype link ups as Mystery Skypes (with other classes and friends & family) and as general chats or information sharing/gathering. 

Got a friend or relative in another country? Mystery Skype them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment